These notes are only guidelines to aid you on your own Spiritual path and as with all spiritual work it is often about finding your own Truth. If you disagree or feel uncomfortable with anything that is suggested here by all means find an alternative Truth that is acceptable to you.
Grounding/Earthing is all about the awareness that we are still in a physical body as well as endeavouring to become spiritual workers and beings.
Why is it so important that we ground/earth ourselves?
Below you will find a few ways in which being grounded can make such a difference to our everyday life:
As a healer it is very important to keep your patient grounded.
How will I know if I am grounded or ungrounded?
Below is a list of some of the more common symptoms of being ungrounded. Usually each individual will encounter the same one or two symptoms each time they are ungrounded.
(Please note that many of these symptoms can also be linked to other physical conditions or illnesses, if in doubt always check with your GP. Light and energy work is complementary to general medicine and should not be viewed as a substitute.)
So how do I become more grounded?
Here are some things you can do to help bring you back down to earth:
All of the list above is fairly self-explanatory with the possible exception of visualization and the use of crystals, so here is a quick guideline as to how you can use either of these techniques:
What is Protection and why do we need it?
As Human Beings we are all placed on this earth in a physical body. Many of us may choose to do the work of Spirit and therefore become aware that there is much more to life than just a physical body.
As we become in tune with ourselves and those around us we realise that everything and anything is made up of energy.
I'm sure we have all been aware of standing in a queue and feeling uncomfortable as someone steps in to our space. This is them invading our aura (energy field), and if our energy field is unprotected we will pick up on any energy that they may be giving out.
This energy can be both positive and negative and it is important for us to learn that we can pick up and take on board this energy especially as we start to develop our intuition and spiritual awareness. We become more sensitive to the energies that constantly surround us, and it then becomes important to know what we should do to avoid becoming susceptible to any negativity that we may encounter.
The more spiritually aware and intuitive we are the more sensitive we become to all the energies around us. We especially need to be aware of protecting our energy fields when dealing with other people as a healer/medium or clairvoyant for example. We need to make sure that we don't take on any unnecessary emotions/problems that the client may have brought with them.
How will I know if I am protected or not?
Being unprotected normally manifests itself within the emotional and spiritual bodies. Below is a list of some symptoms you may feel if your energy field is unprotected:
- Irritable/losing your temper
- Easily influenced by others
- Fanatical about someone
- Feeling other peoples emotions/pain
- Bumping into people
- Copying or living your life through others
- On a physical level you can feel pain in the back of your neck, solar plexus (pit of stomach), or wrists.
You can build up and protect your own energy field in a number of ways. Here are a few easy examples to follow:
- Keep fit and well
- Drink lots of water
- Wear protective colours - for example gold, silver, violet or blue
- Wear or carry crystals with a protective quality - for example Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Sugilite, Laramar, Gold Tigers Eye and Hawks Eye (blue tigers eye) for psychic protection.
- Wear or use protective symbols - for example The Egyptian Ankh, Rune symbol, Star of David (six pointed star), Circle, Egg, Pentagram (five pointed star, especially for Wiccans/Pagans), Pyramid or Cross. Symbols are very personal things, so only wear or carry what feels right for you and what you are comfortable with.
- Visualization - for example a good exercise is to imagine you are sitting in an egg of light. The base of the egg is sitting just below the floor (so you are grounded) and you are surrounded in your egg by a lovely protective colour (gold, silver, violet or blue). You make sure that your eggshell is solid so that no negative energy can penetrate it. Any negative thoughts/emotions that you may have will not get out and no negative thoughts/emotions from others will be allowed in. In turn each negative energy or thought pattern will hit the eggshell and slide down it into the ground to be transmuted in to positive energy.